Equines & Earth – June 2021 Day Trip
Not sure if you heard but I decided to cancel my Egypt and Mexico trips this year and am only moving forward with Madagascar (pending their borders are open by July, praying they do), Morocco & My “Mystery Destination” (pending their borders are open – it is anticipated that they will be by this summer though).
I know that everything happens for a reason though and having a couple of GREAT local options to hold us over while we wait for things to settle again, helps soften the blow.
The first one option is my “Equines & Earth” day trip that I will be sharing about in this post and I am absolutely giddy about it, pun intended! Check out some of my others —> HERE.
Join us for a day of horseback riding through the forest!!! We will ride our horses for about 2 hours, then break at a beautiful lake where we will have time for a picnic lunch, relaxing, getting to know each other, experiencing a guided forest bathing walk, taking pictures & even swimming in the lake if you feel up to it! After, we will ride back to our point of origin again on horseback and call it a days. Saddle up! It’s going to be a great day!
The day will start between 7 & 8am and end about 4pm. Though you definitely don’t have to be an avid horseback rider to participate, the ride is moderate in activity level, – 2 hours each way, give or take some time – so be sure you are up for the adventure before you sign up!
Why I am excited about this trip?
Well . . .
1) I have been practicing Forest Bathing (Shinrin Yoku) for many years now, I have always enjoyed spending quiet time in nature, letting God speak to me in those moments when I take the time to slow down and REALLY listen. I find myself marveling at what He is capable of by acknowledging His breathtaking creation. Even Genesis teaches/reminds us that God thought all He made was good and I believe he delights when we acknowledge His awesome works. There is also so much wisdom to be realized by observing nature. So much faithfulness to be witnessed. Why should I be different that He would not be faithful to me too?
“On the glorious splendor of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, I will meditate.” Psalm 145:5
“Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?” Matthew 6:26
“But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.” – Job 12: 7-10
I am delighted to share that I earned my Forest Therapy & Nature Mindfulness Certification last year and have really been looking forward to more opportunities to incorporate this holistic practice into my retreats/trips!
In a world where stress levels are through the roof and time outdoors is neglected, Forest Bathing (Shinrin Yoku) is a tool proven to reduce stress hormone production, improve feelings of happiness and free up creativity, as well as lower heart rate and blood pressure, boost the immune system and accelerate recovery from illness.
and reason number . . .
2) I absolutely LOVE horses and horseback riding!
A few benefits of Horseback riding:
- Improves mental well being
- Encourages trust
- Increases strength & builds muscle
- Creates time to relax
- Can increase socialization
- Develops core strength
- Develops problem solving skills
- Improves coordination
- Exercises the mind
All that being said, I would LOVE to invite you to join us for an AMAZING day trip, right here in California!
When: Saturday June 19th 2021
What is included?
🐎 Private experienced horse riding guide for the group
🐎 Horse & horse gear (saddle, stirrups, helmets, etc)
🐎 Forest bathing guided walk
🐎 A small gift from me!
🐎 Use of a pack mule for extra goodies you want to bring along. towel, hammock, small foldable beach chair, food, etc.
🐎 Free time at the lake for swimming, hiking, relaxing, eating, etc.
🐎 Trip organizer (ME! lol) so you don’t have to plan this trip, you just get to show up!
- Transportation to meeting point (about 2 hours from Merced)
- Lunch & water
- Accommodations if you decide you want to head over the night before
- Trip protection (highly recommend)
- Must be 12 years old to participate or have previous riding experience
- Please do not come if you are feeling sick AT ALL. This is where your trip protection will come in handy to protect your investment.
- After you sign up, I will send you an email with the meeting point, what to wear, what to bring, etc.
- Should you decide to head up the night before, let me know and I can tell you where I have booked my accommodations.
- I am happy to help you find trip protection if you’d like my help.
- Of course, I can not predict what the Covid situation or rules will be like in California in June BUT I am hopeful we will be on the road to our new “normal” by then. 😀 That being said, get the trip protection.
- Weight limit per horse is 250 pounds. This rule is per the stable company rules.
$370 / Per Person
- $70 non refundable deposit due immediately to reserve your spot
- Payment 1 of $150 due on or BEFORE March 15th 2021
- Payment 2 of $150 due on or BEFORE May 15th 2021
6 spaces available 5 spaces available 4 spaces available
3 spaces available