Everybody has one . . .
That list of dreams they hope to make a reality before they take their last breath on earth.
My bucket list of no different, it is full of things I long to do and places I daydream about seeing. I realize that actually completing my eternally long bucket-list in one lifetime is pretty much impossible, unless I became independently wealthy (like 10 years ago) and didn’t have to work another day in my life. Even then, I would have to be traveling nonstop pretty much for the next 50 years to tick off every item on my bucket list. Sounds great to me, but I realize that it isn’t realistic. Honestly, as long as I am actively checking things off for the rest of my days, I will be satisfied.
Without further ado, my PARTIAL list (in no particular order); because it will take some time for me to transfer the ENTIRE list from my journal to my blog here . . . believe it or not, there are actually over 300 items on my list currently, and growing!!! The more I travel, grow and learn, the more I add. I have also removed some from my list that previously had a home there. It is so interesting to notice my own evolution as a human on this planet.
- See a narwhal in the wild*
- Kayak with orcas in the wild (Orcas Island, Washington)*
Horseback ride on the beach* – I did this in California & Costa Rica See the northern lights in Iceland* (Jolee still wants to see the northern lights ANYWHERE) Swim with sharks outside of a cage– I did this in Hawaii, the Bahamas, Fiji, Mexico & French Polynesia (Jolee did this with me in French Polynesia and Mexico) Visit Fiji Soak in the Blue Lagoon in Iceland* Swim in the Blue Lagoon in Fiji Visit Australia*
- Scuba dive The Great Barrier Reef*
- Visit the Whitsundays*
Sleep in a Treehouse* – I did this in Madagascar first, then many other places since. Eat parmesan cheese IN Parma Italy Get scuba certified* – I did this while I was living in Maui in 2000 Kayak or SUP in bioluminescent waters*
- Float in the Dea Sea
- See the southern lights
- Visit the Cooke Islands
Hike half Dome in Yosemite National Park* Run a marathon Take Jolee to a BIG concert* – Mothers day weekend, Taylor Swift Visit Machu Picchu* – with Jolee
- See a seahorse in the ocean while scuba diving or snorkeling
- Watch Jolee graduate from high school
Live on a tropical island– Hawaii for almost 5 years
- Watch a World Cup game LIVE
Get proposed to Find out my exact genealogy
- Visit every country in my genealogy
Visit Dracula’s castle in Romania*
- Visit Antarctica
See a sloth in the wild* – Costa Rica Take Jolee on a missions trip* – Hawaii
- Step foot on every continent
- Swim with Jelly’s in Palau*
- Sleep in a glass igloo in Scandinavia
Swim with whale sharks in the wild* – Jolee & I did this together in Mexico Explore Borneo Malaysia* – with Jolee & my dad Go Sand boarding– In Huacachina Peru with Jolee
- Go on a tiger photo safari in india*
- Visit Zanzibar
Gorilla trek– Uganda Swing on a jungle swing in Bali*
- Visit Chiapas Mexico
- Visit the Seychelles
Go sand boarding– Peru w/ Jolee
- Visit the Hoh Rain Forest
- Visit Greenland
- Go snow kiting in Iceland
Watch a show at the Sydney Opera House– Don Quixote
- Get Jolee Scuba certified*
- Horseback ride in Patagonia
- See Iguazu Falls
- See Victoria Falls
Go Glamping* – many places/times Ride in a sea/float plane over BEAUTIFUL waters– Fiji
- Explore Gabon and look for the surfing hippos
Spend time in the Amazon rainforest* Ride in a hot air balloon* – in Napa, CA with Jolee Hike on a glacier– Iceland
- Go dog sledding*
Scuba dive with Jolee* Visit French Polynesia and snokrel/scuba dive there
- See a Dugong in the wild
- Walk where Jesus walked in Israel
Visit historical Biblical sites
- Move to a Blue Zone
- Scuba dive in a hot spring
Take Jolee to the Ballet– San Francisco Nut Cracker
- Meet David Attenborough and/or
- Visit Christmas Island
See elephants in the wild
- Take my dad on a trip to stay in an overwater bungalow
Watch the sunrise & sunset on the same day Fly first class*
- Scuba dive Raja Ampat*
- Helicopter ride
Do an ice bath– several times now Be in a magazine– Old goal that I honestly could care less about now but have achieved many times in the past because there was a time in my life when I cared.
- Make a difference in the world
- Visit the Okavango Delta & Chobe National Park in Botswana
See Firefall in Yosemite in person
- Watch Bjork perform IN Iceland (I saw her in California twice)
- Run a fun & successful Airbnb type property that enriches peoples lives
Be on TV– Old goal, I accomplished this several times nonetheless. I could care less about this now.
- Visit some Idaho waterfalls
- Experience Day of the Dead IN Mexico
Visit a cloud forest
- Live past the age my mom passed away
- Publish one of my books. They have been written for YEARS, just not published.
Visit Plitvice National Park in Croatia Work for myself
- Visit every National Park in California
Take my nephew Zion, to Zion National Park Stay in an overwater bungalow– Rangiroa Visit Every National Park in California
- Visit Socotra island
Get Certified as a Nature Therapy Guide Explore Ha Long Bay in Vietnam See a Koala and a kangaroo IN Australia Go to a show at the Sydney Opera House Go on Safari in Africa
- Explore Mongolia
Take Jolee to every National Park in California
- Explore the Waterfalls of Reunion
Start a podcast– World Worth Wandering Conversations (found on Anchor and Spotify)
- See an active volcano in person, like one with visible lava that I can see.
- Delete all of my social media accounts
*Also on Jolee’s bucket list. Jolee has her own bucket list, some things we have in common and some we don’t. Those items which we have in common have an * next to them on my list.
I will continue to transfer items over time as time allows, many have been checked off but I still have a loooong ways to go.
Want to help me check one of these off? Want to join me as I check one of them off? Let’s talk!